Friday, September 13, 2013

Great Trail Festival

Been awhile since I posted hasn't it?   Painting and potting for festivals leaves little time for other things I guess.  A little about what I have gotten myself into..  . :)  Since I missed out on the Wheeling Oglelbayfest (somehow the application didn't make it and I waited to long to call to find out about it).  I decided to make some calls to other festival events to make up for the Wheeling one.   The worst that could happen is that I would hear "Fill out an application for next year."  The first festival I called was The Great Trail Festival after hearing that the festival was closed to venders this year so I asked to be on the mailing list for next year.  Barb asked what my art consisted of and I gave her my website and next thing I know I was admitted!  Seems they needed a potter.
  First off I didn't realize that it was a two weekend deal so spent three weeks potting like crazy and finishing up paintings.  The festival was right up there as one of the nicest festivals that I have participated so far in my art journey.  It was also the most tiring!  But well worth the effort.  Here are a few photos of the set-up and I was invited back next year, of course I said yes.  ;)

  Oh.. First dress up event too and that added to the excitement of the event.  Where else can you display your work and still get to play in the mud? 












No comments:

Post a Comment