|Apple & Pear|
This piece is the most difficult piece I have ever done. It took 8 hours and lots of grumbling!
The post ahead of this was the start of Jim's instruction on how to paint using oils, which was the value study for this painting.
What did I learn? So much that my head hurts.. bad.. Lets see..
1) You don't need more than three colors; Alz.Crimson, Ult. Blue, and Indian Yellow.
2) Shadows made with a transparent colors are deeper and richer.
3) Value shifts are key and must be represented properly. Everywhere!
4) Reflections from other objects and ambient light sources are what gives the best depiction when painting a subject it gives it the proper descriptive form.
5) That I have a long way to go to have my paintings sing a sweeter song..