Friday, January 13, 2012

Colorful Fowl

Colorful Fowl
5x7 oil hardboard

This is just a little daily diddle I did yesterday morning.  I guess I'm stuck being a realist painter.  At least the background is impressionistic.
Eyes always throw me off so I tend to put them in last.  This one the eye was put in first, as the professionals suggest doing, I had to work around the awkward feeling I get in doing this part of the painting first.  The painting almost takes on a life of its own and looks back at you, it just gives me the willies.  Jim from the SW forum said that feeling goes away with practice.  So practice I will.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful painting Catherine! Realism definitely works!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla, I love to do birds. I hope to get started back on the daily paintings again. Yours are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete