Saturday, January 1, 2022

The Paradox of Choice- Yes, it does exist.

   Its a new year...  And hoping it will be a good new year for all.  

   My resolution... I'm going to glaze all the bisque in the studio this month.  I will pick at least 6 glazes from the hundreds of lovely glazes I have made and tested. I will add them to my studio glaze buckets.
Sounds easy, right? Hahaha, no!

Enter in "The Paradox of Choice":
     To pick only certain glazes from a host of really nice glazes creates indecision.  Indecision creates a mental tension and leads to an inability to chose.  The brain keeps one sane by avoiding the act of choosing a glaze to use.  Which leads to just not doing anything in regards to glazing.
So Now I must pick.

Choices.. Choices.. and pictured is only a tiny, tiny, sample of all the lovely glazes.
Yeah.. I'm in trouble already.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment